Thursday 8 April 2010

Beer of the day #10


Todays beer of the day is a light, refreshing pale ale from Sheffield.
Crown Brewery's Hillsborough Pale Ale or HPA has the Hop character to keep your thirst quenched from the start to the end of your pint.
It is one of Stuart Ross's (pictured) best beers in my lowly opinion, right up there with brews such as Dark Star Hophead and Thornbridge Jaipur.
I only have one cask left and it's on the bar now so by all means come and prove me wrong, form your own opinion.
There are other Crown Brewery beers on the bar too such as Ring of Fire and the Wheat Beer, I've waited since January to get them to The Rake and Stu's works of art are now on tap so get yourself a Crown and revel in all it's regal greatness!

6 comments:

Cooking Lager said...

Where did he get that hat, fella?

rabidbarfly said...

I'm gonna assume some fishing shop or other...

crownbrewerstu said...

can't remember were i got it but its the only one i've found that fits my fat head.
btw the picture was taken by the beer boy

Unknown said...

Stu's beers are very much worth trying.

1/2 and 1/2 ring of fire and HPA works for me.

I'm not sure about the hat, it has to be said....

BeerReviewsAndy said...

Im a big fan of stu's beers, have to say that sam berry's is probably my fave now in both cask and bottle form.

Crown Brewery said...

andy what about the hat?