Monday 19 April 2010

Beer of the day #11


For the sake of keeping the 'little grey cells' working I have chosen a great beer of the day today, in fact I may even drink it on my birthday tomorrow too!
Odells IPA is simply a fantastic beer, here's why...
It pours bright orange with a lovely natural haze to it and the head is a lovely off-white colour. The ABV is 7% which means it's going to pack the punch I want to get me woken up and the packaging is superb. Simple, classic pastels, nice.
Yeah but what does it taste like? I hear you say, well on the nose I've got citrus, I've got C-Hops coming out of my ears, marvellous, yeah but what does it TASTE like??
There's Chinook(if I remember my C-Hops correctly) there's orange, there's more c-hops and it's beautifully bitter, not overpoweringly so but more gently than the nose gives away, it's smooth and drinkable, I expect no less as I have have had this before and enjoyed it immensely then. This little gem will do very nicely thank you, not bad for the last beer of my 36th year! Cheers!

4 comments:

Fashion Detective said...

I'm distracted from the beer by the fact that you are apparently older than me....do you turn 37 tomorrow???

rabidbarfly said...

no, 36, tomorrow I start my 37th year. You don't look that old though Jo!

Fashion Detective said...

Bah! I am older than you then. I was 36 in Feb. Getting older does not rock.

rabidbarfly said...

Yeah it does, it rocks almost as much as The Lola Jones!