Sunday 12 September 2010

I am a Craft Beer Drinker

Crikey, I feel like I haven't blogged in ages, other than for The Rake! It bugs me, needles at me like an itch in the middle of your back that you can't quite reach.
I have actually started looking for inspiration rather than letting it hit me like it usually does, I'm also wondering why inspiration seems to have lost me recently, is it too much work? I doubt it, usually my work stimulates my writing and gives me inspiration. I should really be going to bed soon but I'm just wide awake, which is ironic really because I've felt exhausted and a bit run down for the last few weeks(perhaps another reason for the lack of bloggage).
I saw on facebook a new video released by the beer bloggers conference, it was inspired by Greg Koch's 'I am a Craft Brewer' called 'I am a Craft Beer Drinker' it's short, snappy and made me want to write a blog post about craft beer.
As a drinker of craft beer, this evening I have drunk three and eaten a rather nice dinner that Mrs Rabidbarfly and I cooked together.
The beers this evening were :
Thornbridge Jaipur, Goose Island IPA and Kernel Export Stout.
The Food? Not chosen for the beer but rather experimentation was Lightly fried Water Buffalo fillet with roasted potatoes and veg. Very Nice it was too. In case you were wondering I got the Water Buffalo from the Gamston Wood Farm stall in Borough Market.
A few of my friends are over at the Great American Beer Festival and I'm very jealous, so much so that I may have to unfollow them on twitter for the duration of GABF! A bit extreme but I have now been to the USA and I know how much great beer my friends and colleagues are drinking and that untouchable itch on my back has returned! I might just get my own back at Christmas when Mrs RBF and I go to New York, I'm already looking up craft beer joints over there, thanks for the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming!
Anyway, I am actually tired now so I'm going to go, was nice to get the little grey cells working again!
until next time.

No comments: