Tuesday 7 February 2012

Leftovers Lunch for Leftover Lunch!

Sunday lunch was ace! I have leftovers to prove it and here they are.

Basically it's slow roasted pork that's been marinaded over night on top of Onions, Garlic and Apple. It's been marinading in chilli flakes, mustard seeds, garlic, more onions, cider and white wine vinegar.

It was slow cooked for 4 hours and turned into Sloppy Joe sarnies with homemade spicy slaw.

There was enough left for one persons lunch today, so whilst MrsRabidbarfly was out...hehehe.

There was also some leftover spicy slaw so I was going to give it the Rabidbarfly treatment and do abso-fucking-lutely nothing to it. After all, it was good enough the first time round and it was certainly still good enough the second time round!

what makes it spicy? I hear you ask....

why the finely chopped chilli I added of course!

Now we get to the juncture that I cheated at. On Sunday MrsRabidbarfly had made, nay 'crafted' with her own fair hands, the buns that we used for the sandwiches. Now, me not having the time today, popped down to the shitty local tescburys and bought some buns.

I pan-fried the leftover pork until it was crispy (cooked, no salmonella here) stuck it in two buns and had the slaw on the side. Roberta's your Auntie!

Note the healthiness of the meal, brown bread, coleslaw errrr....never mind, it was tasty! Especially when paired with this.....BOOYA!

You can find the recipe I used for the pork and the slaw here on the BBCs website.

2 comments:

Cooking Lager said...

Get it down you, you are a growing lad.

rabidbarfly said...

Down me it is, and yes I am growing...outwards! ;)