Wednesday 18 November 2009

Beer Cocktails Anyone?


Good afternoon all, I was asked yesterday to come up with a couple of recipes for beer cocktails which I will then have to make in front of an audience at the Bibulous Event in Vinopolis! eeek!
Anyway, I've had a couple of idea's, I made one during the summer when I had the Mongozo Coconut on draught. It was made up of a double shot of Rum(Sailor Jerry), 1 part Mongozo Coconut beer and 1 part Coca Cola and it was lovely! I eventually named it The Coconut Corsair. The other one I was thinking about doing may involve Strawberry Beer and something really hoppy, we shall see, I'm off to play now, will let you know how it turns out...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Glyn, really great to read your post. The Coconut Corsair sounds tasty and must have been refreshing during the summer...will be interesting to read how you got on at the Bibulous Event. Beer cocktails are something I’ve been looking at as part of my work with BitterSweet Partnership – set up by Molson Coors to talk to women about beer and break down the myths and barriers that exist – and we tried using strawberry flavouring as an ingredient in one of ours (the recipes are on our website, if you fancy taking a look: http://www.bittersweetpartnership.com/experiment - it’d be great to hear your thoughts)

rabidbarfly said...

Thanks for the comments Kirsty, I'm going to have a look at the website and see what 'happens'.